Last updated: April 2022
In the course of carrying out our activities, PaidRight Pty Ltd (ABN 60 640 606 355) (we, us or our), and our subsidiaries and related bodies corporate, will collect, store, use and disclose personal information. We are committed to the protection of your personal information and to compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Personal information and/or personal data (the terms commonly used in applicable privacy laws), is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our products and services (including our websites and other online platforms and services) and purposes connected to those products and services.
Consistent with the provision of our products and services, the types of personal information we may collect, and hold includes the following.
- Identity and contact details – including individuals’ name, address, telephone number, email address and other documentation that relates to your identity.
- Employment and income details – information associated with individuals’ employment, including roster information, payment data and employee numbers or similar identifiers.
- Profile data – profile information, usernames, passwords and preference data, and related information.
- Other information – text of communications gathered during our interaction with you, including where you comment within our platforms and/or otherwise interact on live-chat, social media and emails, and other information from your interactions with us online, including cookie information, security tokens, IP address, URL’s, search histories and other associated information.
How we collect and hold personal information
We may collect personal information as follows.
- Directly from you in the course of providing our products and services, from our website and other online platforms, including using cookies (data files placed on your device or computer), log files and security tokens.
- Indirectly from our customers and clients who use our products and services, with whom you have a relationship and where they provide us with your personal information so that we can provide our products and services to them. Their use of your personal information is subject to their own privacy obligations and policies, as applicable.
Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose personal information
We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information may include:
- conducting our business, which includes providing our products and services, or the services of a third party, to you and/or our third party clients and customers;
- to communicate information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you; and
- to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (including targeted advertisements) or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- to improve and optimise our platforms (including our websites) and services;
- for hiring and other similar employment and engagement purposes;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development purposes; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
We may also disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and/or third party partners (including our clients and customers) who help us fulfil and deliver our products and services to you, as well as third party technology and marketing partners, including but not limited to Google (including Google Analytics) and other technology and marketing service providers.
Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information that we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all request for access and correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use cloud-based servers and tools to conduct our business and these cloud services may host and store data, including personal information, in overseas locations. If you’d like more information about such locations, please contact us using the email set out below.
Third Party Links
Our website and platforms may contain links to other websites or platforms from time to time. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, the content or practices of these other websites. Our provision of any third-party links does not constitute our endorsement of these other websites, their content, their owners, or their practices. This policy does not apply to any third-party websites, which are subject to any privacy and other policies they may have.
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer using the details set out below and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.